|Careers · Site Map · Contact Us|
Register to receive IPVG Stock Quotes and News alerts via SMS and/or email.
List of Press ReleasesJune 2010 Runes of Magic unveils the Elven Prophecy Patch
New race, quests, and items available in the latest patch, plus new instanced dungeons and season eventsIP-Converge Garners highest Customer Satisfaction rating among Salesforce.com partners in ASEAN
(June 23, Makati City) – IP e-Game Ventures Incorporated (IP e-Games, PSE: EG), the country’s leading publicly listed online gaming company, is proud to announce the release of the next chapter of its international-hit massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) Runes of Magic.
Called the Elven Prophecy, this latest installment introduces the Elves as a playable race and gives gamers two new classes to play with. On top of that, the new patch will provide players with new maps and items, a Castle Siege system, in-game voice chat and localized events and content.
“An epic fantasy world is not complete without Elves, whether they are in the side of good or otherwise,” IP e-Games vice-president for MMO Heidi Mendita-Garayblas said. “We are all excited with the addition of the Elves in Runes of Magic (ROM). Their inclusion will provide new and innovative characters and gameplay that current and prospective players will surely find interesting and worth playing.”
The Elven Prophecy Patch has the following new features:
• Druid and Warden Classes - Druids can summon the power of nature to heal and support others, but can also unleash nature’s brute force when needed. Wardens, on the other hand, are the elite fighters of the Elves. Known for their skill in melee combat, Wardens distinguish themselves in battle with their ability to summon various elementals to help them
• Elven Island Map and Items - A new staging point where players with Elven characters can level up and prepare before going to the mainland of Candara. There are new quests available, given by a new set of Elven NPCs (non-playable characters). There will also be new set and rare items to seek out.
• Vivox in-game voice and Chat interface - This innovative add-on provides the means for the players to speak to each other while in the game. They can personally direct each other on where to go and what to do. The feature fits in perfectly during daring dungeon raids and guild war events wherein communication between players is crucial.
• Siege Castle System - This unique team event will let players get a chance to feel what it is like to storm a rival guild castle and try to take over its treasure, an artifact in the game called Honor Crystal. Players will also have access to an array of siege weapons, like battering rams and catapults, to help in the siege.
• Heralds - Aside from the siege machines, some players will be given a chance to lead the storming or the defense of the castle. As Heralds, these players will be given extra skills such as special attacks to break opponent lines and buff skills to increase the effectivity of guild members. The winning participants will receive a substantial reward, depending on how they performed during the event, while the losing side will also acquire good consolation prizes.
• Kalin Shrine and Treasure Trove Quests – These new challenging quests and mobs will give the player a chance to get rare and unique items. Additionally, the players can learn more about the game lore with the back-story that the stage and main bosses have to tell.
• New Events - There will be two new events: The Spring Rain Festival and National Day. The Spring Rain Festival will offer challenging but fun in-game activities that take a page from the Easter Egg Hunt celebration. National Day is Runes of Magic Philippines’ way of commemorating the country’s Independence. Filipiniana-inspired armors and weapons named after famous heroes and literary characters can be attained through the Item Mall.
Garayblas said the players, especially the experienced ones, will definitely find these new features interesting. She added that the new patch offers an even greater depth to Runes of Magic and brings gameplay to another level, immersing them more into the game.
“The Elven Prophecy will also answer a number of questions left open by the first chapter, the Rise of the Dark Lord,” Garayblas added. “It is up to the players to find these answers by going deeper into the story where the Elves’ tragic past and triumphant return will be revealed. The players will be in for a treat as they find these answers through exciting and challenging quests, and be rewarded with worthy items and more.”
For more information, visit http://runesofmagic.com.ph/ or www.e-games.com.ph.
= = =
About IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (IP E-Games):
IP E-Games is a publicly listed company in the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE: EG) which operates the online gaming business of technology conglomerate IPVG Corp. (PSE: IP). IP E-Games is ranked as the leading online games publisher in the Philippines and holds top MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) titles such as RAN Online, CABAL Online, and Presidential Award recipient Korean game Granado Espada. Other games include high-fantasy MMORPG Runes of Magic, Chinese Mythological MMORPG ZX Online, Korean adventure games such as Dragonica and Nostale Online. The casual games of IP E-Games are published under X-Play Online Games Inc. (X-Play), a joint venture company between IP E-Games and GMA New Media Inc. (GMA NMI), the digital arm of GMA Network Inc. (GMA7). X-Play publishes the no.1 online dance game Audition Dance Battle, MMO First person shooter OP7, online rhythm game Bandmaster, and online videoke Superstar Online. IP E-Games strategic minority investors include the Philippine Star Group and E-Store Exchange (an affiliate of GMA7). For more information, visit www.e-games.com.ph.
= = =
Billy Joe I. Allardo
IP e-Game Ventures Inc.
Tel – 976-4784
IP e-Game Ventures Inc.
Tel – 976-4784
Dominguez Marketing Communications, Inc.
Tel – 897 7088 / 890 3766
Makati City, 10 June 2010 – Information technology and telecommunications service provider IP-Converge (IP Converge Data Center, Inc.), was recently merited with the Customer Satisfaction Award for 2009 – ASEAN, by enterprise cloud computing and customer relationship management global leader, Salesforce.com during the latter’s Asia Pacific Partner Summit at the Millennium Resort Patong in Phuket, Thailand.
IP-Converge is the Philippine’s first and only Salesforce.com Select Consulting Partner, able to provide configuration and customization services to Salesforce.com users in the country and in the region.
Upon completion of projects done by its partners, Salesforce.com conducts customer surveys that take into account how well partner organizations address specific customer needs such as knowledge transfer, change management, training, and response time. Results from projects implemented from February 2009 to January 2010 were used as criteria in determining the winner of the Customer Satisfaction Award in the recent Salesforce.com Partner Summit.
IP-Converge topped the ratings in several of the set criteria and garnered the highest customer satisfaction ratings overall.
“This award gives us the motivation to go full-throttle with our plans to take our Salesforce.com services to countries beyond the ASEAN,” says IP-Converge President Reynaldo Huergas. “As more and more companies worldwide migrate to cloud-computing and specifically Salesforce.com, they can outsource services to us and get the same high quality service. This is another important milestone for us stemming from our partnership with Salesforce.com.”
The Customer Satisfaction Award 2009 recognizes IP-Converge’s exemplary performance in highlighting Salesforce.com’s best practices and upholding their values in customer service. Apart from systems customization and implementation services, IP-Converge is also engaged in salesforce.com license sales and distribution locally and throughout the South East Asian region.
"Our team of Salesforce.com consultants displayed exemplary prowess in delivering customer requirements that even exceed expectations, be it for local or international clients." says Mimi Dizon, Business Development Director for CRM at IP-Converge. "They truly deserve this recognition."
IP-Converge has had implementations of Salesforce CRM, Force.com (Platform as a Service), the AppExchange marketplace and Communityforce (community and training) in top companies in the Philippines and South East Asia successfully integrating Salesforce.com with customers’ mission-critical applications within a short amount of time – a hallmark of cloud computing solutions.
IP-Converge is a strong proponent of outsourcing IT services and cloud computing. Their services provide SME businesses the opportunity to attain the same high standards in technology as larger companies, minus the high capital initial investment or risk. IP-Converge is a regional partner whose core products are global internet connectivity, server collocation and business solutions. IP-Converge is also a Salesforce.com consulting partner for SaaS and cloud computing in the Philippines.
= = =
IP-Converge is an Information Technology & Telecommunications (IT&T) company, providing a wide array of managed data services and business solutions at international standards. An ISO 9001:2000 Certified company, IP-Converge currently operates carrier-neutral, telco-grade Internet Data Center and network facilities in the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Singapore, and provides a variety of business solutions and services to local and international enterprises.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly listed IPVG Corp. (PSE: IP), the foundation of the company`s business is centered on customer satisfaction through high-quality, on time delivery and through a personalized, "boutique" approach to clients. For more information, visit www.ip-converge.com.
= = =
Marketing Manager, IP-Converge
(02) 9764784 ext. 4213
Erica G. Cortez
IPVG Corporate Communications